Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Wednesday Randomness - A Few of My Favorite Things...Book Covers Edition



This week's Wednesday blog is all about our favorite book covers. Anyone who knows me will probably not be surprised by the ones I chose to include. I love color and lots of it. I think you'll find that my favorite book covers stick to that pattern.

http://www.amazon.com/Dark-Divine-Bree-Despain-ebook/dp/B0034N7JGS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1409670116&sr=8-1&keywords=dark+divine

The Dark Divine by Bree Despain. I love all of the covers, but this one is my favorite. It's very ethereal and haunting. And purple, which is my favorite color.




http://www.amazon.com/Before-Wake-Soul-Screamers-Book-ebook/dp/B007UNEUGA/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1409670258&sr=8-8&keywords=soul+screamers
 


The two above are from the Soul Screamers series by Rachel Vincent. The first book is the last in the series, the second is the third omnibus. Again, I love the color. And apparently I have a thing for flowing dresses. I tend to also like covers that don't show faces directly.



         
Or in the case of the series above, show the face partially obscured. I'm still working my way through this series, but I included all of them here because they are gorgeous. And mysterious.




Again with the partial face and bright colors. I'm starting to feel reptitive. :)



Okay, one more YA series. The covers to the Ruby Red Trilogy by Kerstin Gier are just stunning.




In trying to find the cover for Savannah Blues by Mary Kay Andrews, I discovered that they reissued it with a different cover. One that is more similar to her newest releases. Disappointing, I say! I love the original cover because the picture, combined with the title, speaks to my Southern roots. I can feel the heat and humidity in the summer with a fan blowing that does nothing more than push the hot air around. All that from a fairly bare-bones kind of picture.



These are just a few of my favorite book covers. Click a name below to see what covers appeal to the other Wednesday bloggers:



2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you included The Dark Divine! I still need to read those and those covers are AMAZING!!! I also need to read the Smoke and Bone series. And I also need to check out that Once a Witch book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your not repetitive. You're like me, you don't want to see a whole face on a cover. I don't want someone to show me what a character looks like because I want to make it up in my head. That's part of the reader experience.

    ReplyDelete